Effective 25 May 2018
1. Our Websites are owned and operated by Ocram Ltd, which for the purposes of data protection law and regulation, is the data controller.
2. We retain information provided by you directly and indirectly. Direct examples are when you provide information when filling in forms on our Websites, such as ‘Contact’ pages, competition entries, and surveys. Indirectly we may receive your information from third parties. We may collect data about you from third parties to help us better understand our customers. Such data is likely to include information about what types of products you may be interested in.
3. We do not collect data via cookies through your use of our Websites
5. We use data held about you for the following reasons and in the following ways:
When there is an obligation arising from a contract entered into between you and us such as providing you with information about our products which you have requested and to notify you of changes to our products;
When necessary for our legitimate interests such as providing you with information about our new products which we think may interest you and other marketing purposes, social media advertising, and to use our Websites most effectively;
When you consent to direct marketing which requires your consent and for permission to allow us to contact you regarding your query on our Websites or via social media;
When there is a legal and/or regulatory obligation to comply with applicable laws where we are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information, and for internal and external auditing purposes.
6. We may disclose your personal data to third parties who we use to help us with our business. These organisations act as data processors and are strictly controlled in how they may or may not use your personal data. These third parties include:
Suppliers, sub-contractors, partners for performance of contracts that we enter into with either them or you; E-commerce partners, payment processors, fulfilment providers for performance of contracts we enter into with either them or you; IT providers (Website hosts, email providers);
Competition prize providers where you have won a prize and the provider needs your details to fulfil the prize;
If we are under a legal obligation to disclose or share your information, or in order to enforce our Website Terms and Conditions of Use and any other legal instrument, or to protect our rights and property of Ocram Ltd or our customers or others. This could include exchanging information with other companies and organisations in order to detect or prevent fraud and credit risk reduction;
For relevant customer service.
7. Where you have given us your consent to our general marketing, we may send you marketing material relating to our products. If you have consented to selected third party marketing, we may pass your personal information to such companies. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes. You may exercise this right by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on the relevant marketing material.
8. The personal data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored outside the United Kingdom (“UK”) and European Economic Area (“EEA”) This means that your personal data may be processed by staff operating outside the UK and/or EEA or for one of the third parties with whom we may share your personal information. In all circumstances, we will only transfer your personal data where we have taken steps to ensure it is carefully protected.
9. Our Websites may include links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. If you have any concerns or complaints about how we have handled your personal data you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO. The ICO can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before contacting the ICO by contacting us via the “Contact Us” form on Our Website; or by emailing us at email@example.com